Friday, November 11, 2011

Matthew 13

Matthew 13:53-58

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+13&version=NIV

When Jesus had finished telling these stories and illustrations, he left that part of the country. He returned to Nazareth, his hometown. When he taught there in the synagogue, everyone was amazed and said, “Where does he get this wisdom and the power to do miracles?” Then they scoffed, “He’s just the carpenter’s son. Then Jesus told them, “A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his own family.” And so he did only a few miracles there because of their unbelief.








This has become my life, the world I live in. Jesus told them, "a prophet is honored everywhere except in his hometown."



Have I become so comfortable in "knowing" Jesus that I will not believe or allow Him to work wonders in me, through me. When He is standing there saying "let me show you more". What would happen if we didn't limit our God?



He can move mountains, calm the seas... yet I still limit Him.



He has put this dream in my heart to travel to the unknown and open orphan homes to display a family unit to the fatherless. But, that is what is has become,a dream. A dream that I am holding onto and will not give to God because, 'I am just a carpenters son'. It has stayed a dream because of my unbelief.



I pray I give it over to Him along with my plans, pride, comfort, freedom, family and skills.























No comments:

Post a Comment